Education & employment
Education and employment
Here are some tips for filling out the education, employment and work experience sections of an application form.
- Unless instructed otherwise, list your qualifications or modules in reverse order, latest first
- You do not need to give the full address of the school or college.
Employment and work experience
- List your jobs in reverse order, latest first
- You do not need to give the full address of the employer, unless asked
- Remember, voluntary work, such as helping out at your local RSPCA centre, could be just as, if not more relevant to your application, especially if your actual paid work experience is not specifically related to the course or job you are applying for
- Describe your responsibilities, taking care to emphasise the skills relevant to the application
- Prioritise those responsibilities and achievements that you mention, especially if space is tight.