People to talk to
There are many sources of careers information available including:
- National Careers Service has lots of resources for English students on how to prepare for jobs and other applications.
- Careers Scotland is a similar careers resource for people in Scotland.
- Careers Wales includes a jobs database, hints on applications, a CV builder and an e-portfolio
- Careers Service Northern Ireland provides the same service backed up by video clips of some jobs
- NGRF –LMI Futures. This site provides very detailed labour market information provided by Sector Skills Councils. Though primarily designed for career guidance professionals, it can be a useful resource for students as well.
- Sector Skills Councils These are employer-led bodies that cover one of 25 specific sectors across the UK. Their job includes reducing skills gaps and shortages and therefore most have a careers section on their websites.
- iCould Inspirational videos that take you through people’s career stories.
- Careers Box This is a new site with videos of people and more profiles are added all the time.
- National Database of Accredited Qualifications Use this site to find out what qualifications are available, includes the ability to search by sector or a specific job.
Science, technology, engineering and maths-related organisations may have useful information, some websites are given in the PDF below.